- Pectin, found in all fruits and vegetables, can go a long way toward preventing cancer.
- The “college rankings” in many popular magazines are basically arbitrary, and can change quite drastically depending on which particular factor is most important to you. The “best” schools are only best because people think they’re best. A self-fulfilling prophecy.
- Our own culture is to blame for our country’s falling behind in math, and especially for the gender gap in maths and sciences. Get rid of stigmas!
This was the inaugural “Articles of the Moment”—emails that I started sending to my close friends and family with links to interesting articles and studies lo those many eons ago, in 2008. Enjoy!
- Natural childbirth leads to stronger bonds between mother and child than C-section. Mother nature knew what she was doing with evolution.
- Turmeric lowers chances of cancer, Alzheimer’s, and stroke. It’s constantly fascinating how almost every natural foodstuff we study (e.g. spices, broccoli, beer, chocolate, teas, coffee, apples, and oh so much more) reveals “unexpected” health benefits. Eat naturally, be thankful to your food, and health will be yours.
- The lack of a feeling of personal control leads to belief in conspiracy theories, superstition, active deities, etc. This is why staying centered, and therefore naturally in control of oneself, is so important—it removes the blinders and distorted lenses from our eyes, allowing us to be more sensitive to the truths that are always around us.