Skip to content
- As dogs have known for millennia, people’s natural body odors are as unique as a fingerprint. It’s nice to know that science eventually catches up with obviousness.
- Women are more likely to experience sexual harassment in gender-balanced groups than as the lone woman in a group of men, contrary to “common sense.” Another reason why trying to force the makeup of various groups does far more harm than good. Let groups and communities come to their own natural balances.
- Always keep learning, people! Further links between education and protection from Alzheimers.
- Idealistic female sexual & physical representations are unhealthy for both women AND men. Enjoy being You, right here right now, and don’t try to be anyone else!
- There is but one correct way to hang a roll of toilet paper. End of story. It still boggles my mind that anyone (aside from rambunctious cat owners) would ever even consider hanging toilet paper any other way. Please spread the word!
- A new “deep field” image was released, this one in ultraviolet light, from the Southern hemisphere. Almost every point of light in the image is a galaxy, not a star. It’s breathtaking how much there is to our Universe!
- Enjoy these breathtaking photos of our sun. They may serve to remind you of just how awe-some and beautiful that gigantic ball of life-giving, furiously boiling nuclear plasma in the sky is.
- Who’d a thunk it?? A walk through a quiet park is better than meds at increasing concentration for kids with ADHD. ADHD is far more of a societal illness than a individual “condition.” It’s a reminder that we all need to get back to nature, get outside, get away from screens and papers, and use our bodies as well as our minds.
- An amazing story of an eyeless cat chasing off a home invader. As a cat person, it’s nice to read about a cat behaving responsibly. But also, it’s another reminder that animals are far more sensitive and intelligent in some ways than most people give them credit for.